Will someone please come talk to my hens?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ginasmarans, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    and tell them that white leghorns aren't supposed to go broody? I have yet another one,making the total 3 white leghorn hens.One just hatched one little chick,one did not hatch any but wants to be re-set and the third I haven't set yet. The temps are really doing a number on the hatch rates.

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i will be happy to come talk to them.

Ahem, hens? Yes, well according to all known facts, you are never to go broody, never sit on eggs all day, and don't puff up and go "brrrrrrrrrrr" when someone disturbs you on your nest.

Instead, you are supposed to be all weird and high strung. Go absolutely berserk when your owner comes out in a blue hat instead of a brown hat, and lay soft-shell eggs when the slightest thing disturbs your sense of routine. Got it?

So ginasmarans, where do you live and i'll be right over.

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I don't know where that old wives tale came from. My aunt has a commercial chicken farm for hatching eggs and all she has is white leghorns. They are broody all the time. Try collecting eggs out from under those broody things. They'll peck your arm off. My aunt wears a long sock on her arm to keep from being pecked to death.

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    listen chickens you cant go broody i forbid it no never not one more bird you hear me we will make fried chicken out of you.well i warned them good just show them the oven [​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Nope, dont want you to have " the talk " with my Hens!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by