Will someone take my extra chicks?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by katethegreat, Nov 22, 2009.

1. katethegreat

katethegreat Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2009
    Okay, I wanted to find a place locally to pick up the 8 chicks I want/have room for. I am having a hell of a time finding a local place that I can go pick up just 8. I live in Northern Indiana, super close to the MI border as well as IL. I don't want to pay for a small order shipped this time of year... 8 chicks will cost me over $100 at some places. So, Nature's Hatchery has a minimum order of 15 (for a total with shipping of like $55). Is there anyone that is willing to take the "extra" chicks? I'll be ordering black australorps, silver and golden laced wynadottes, a buff orpington or two, an araucana or two, a barred rock or two. I'll be ordering all females as I just want some eggs for now. Is there anyone out there who is willing to come get the extra chicks I order? I won't ship them, I'm completely new to this, it's my first batch of chicks.

2. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    you might try posting in that thread and also putting the MI in the thread topic. Hope you find someone!!

3. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I know I' brand new here....but everything I've been told says to start with more then you want. You might lose a few and don't want to be right back in this position or trying to find only a few.

If I'm wrong...hopefully someone will correct me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by