Will Suffice?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TommyVT05, Mar 15, 2008.

1. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    HELOOOOOOOOOO!

I've noticed, even in my room, the temp flux is always within 1 degrees from morning till night in my incubator. Its been cold and windy here for no reason...dun get it, BUT, it should be back to Norm. condition and sunny on Mon.

Anyways, when I calibrated or "tested" the incubator for 24 hours, it was done on a NORMAL sunny day and temp stayed @ 99-100ish.
    Today has been really windy and cold outside and the temp dropped to 98-99ish. Havn't dropped below 97.5F ever though, so I am still good right?

Until it drops to 95 or so for a long time then I will be in trouble huh?
    Well, I was thinking about turning up the knob to get more heat but I recall lower is rather better than TOO high, so I didn't.

If its 98-99ish...sometime 97.5F or something (only for about 30 mins.), than that should be no worries yeah???...just hatch a little bit late huh?

Rather be safer than sorry : )

I have the still-air but added PC Fans by the way

Thanks!

- Tommy

2. hart31

hart31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Bowbells, ND
    I'd leave it alone. That temp shoulod be nothing to worry about.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Thats alot better than having the temps going to high, you should be fine.... may hatch a day late but thats ok....

What day are you on?....

If they were mine I wouldn't turn the knob...

4. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Yeah,

I didn't do anything since this morning, only because it dropped to 97.5ish.
    Throughout the day, its been 98.5-99.8 F and remains variable, changes up or down, dunno from what, but it stays in that range.

I don't mind it hatching a little late, rather be safe and not have it TOO high!

Its only been 25 hours : )

What is the lowest I can have on the temp that is good, but only hatch late. I just want to know the min. so I can stay slightly above : )

Thanks all!

- Tommy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by