Will these breeds live well together?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MaxwellJed, Mar 27, 2017.

1. MaxwellJed

MaxwellJed New Egg

Mar 27, 2017
    Hello, I'm thinking of ordering some chicks of different breeds but I'm not sure if they will live peacefully together? The four breeds are Barred Plymouth Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Speckeled Sussex, and Blacked Laced Silver Wyandottes. My grandmother currently has Barred Plymouth Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Easter Eggers, and Rhode Island Reds living peacefully together. Thanks!

2. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    For the most part you can put anything together especially if they're raised from chicks together.

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You should do fine raising those breeds together, they're all nice dual purpose breeds and will be about the same size (and won't have anything like top knots for other birds to peck at).

Best of luck to you, it's nice to have you here!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, MaxwellJed, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our flock! :) Agree with the above - if they are raised as "siblings" they will be fine and dandy! Good luck and thanks for joining BYC! :)

5. MaxwellJed

MaxwellJed New Egg

Mar 27, 2017
    Alrighty, sounds great! Thank you all!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Raised together they should get along fine. [​IMG]

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under MaxwellJed [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by