Will these geese breed???

Discussion in 'Geese' started by chickensval, Aug 18, 2013.

1. chickensval

chickensval Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2013
    Mobile, Alabama
    I have one African gander. I got him as a baby from a friend who has white Chinese and African . she hatches the eggs in an incubator and sells the babies. She is going to trade me a white chinese gosling for a rooster I'm giving her.
    ------------
    My question, if I were to get a girl white Chinese goose, would my African goose breed with her when they are old enough? I'm asking because she has both of the breeds free rang together, but the white Chinese only breed with the other white Chinese, and the African only breed with the African.
    -----------------
    Will they breed? And if they do, what do you think the babies would look like, what type of personality will it have?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. Yes they will breed. Geese dont descriminate lol they will get a "date" and bond with who ever is available. A cross between an African gander and a white chinese goose will give you pied males and white females. They will be stocky built like the african.

3. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    8 is right they will bond and breed. When it comes breeding season the ganders do not care what breed it is they just want to breed....

4. Some men are like that too LoL

5. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Yep they sure are!!! [​IMG]

6. chickensval

chickensval Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2013
    Mobile, Alabama
    Lol, thanks everyone for the information, and there laugh!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by