Will they eat pancakes?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by bearz, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I have a couple of boxes of pancake mix in the cupboard and we just don't eat them much, so I'm thinking of making a pile of them, freezing them and pulling a few out at a time for treats.

2. cyrixlord

cyrixlord Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Monroe, wa
    salt, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda powdered milk and oil

Ive fed my parrot (http://tamanaka.com/MainGallery/ImageAndCaption.aspx?ImgID=124)
    a bite of a cooked pancake but I have never given him a whole one. I probably wouldnt give a whole one to a chicken. the sugar might make her hyper and the salt might not process properly.

Just my 2 cents [​IMG]

freeze some cooked yams [​IMG]

3. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Yes they love pancakes. I used to do exactly that- make up batches then freeze them.. use as treats.. the only hyperactivity I saw were them fighting over them and trying to run off with the pieces.. lol

AnonPaperclip and MsAlana like this.
  4. ponygirly306

ponygirly306 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2008
    my chickies love pancakes! i'm sure yours would too.

5. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    My son didn't finish his pancakes the other day before the bus, so into the run they went and the 8 week old chicks devoured the last bites. I would not make it a daily staple, but a treat is ok.

6. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    My sons love my made from scratch, whole wheat with wheat bran pancakes. There are always one or two left over. My chickens love them. They have no syrup or sugar, and no more salt than bread. Also, my crossbeak silkie can grab big bites.

7. francisfarms

francisfarms Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2008
    mine love pancakes, so do my ducks. I usually go to costco and buy a big bag of Krusteaz mix. When I make them up for grandson when he visits I make a bunch more. I then usually vaccuum pack them then they are fresh.

8. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    My chickens had pancakes this morning and they were chasing each other around the coop squabbling over them. They love them!

9. punkin

punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Ok, I'm begging here!! [​IMG] Please post this recipe. Pretty please.... I like pancakes, too.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  10. Koopin

Koopin Wish Granted

Sep 20, 2008
    Usa
    My chickens ate anything they could, I had to watch out that they did not get into the house pantry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by