Will they eat pancakes?

bearz

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
I have a couple of boxes of pancake mix in the cupboard and we just don't eat them much, so I'm thinking of making a pile of them, freezing them and pulling a few out at a time for treats.

salt, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda powdered milk and oil

Ive fed my parrot (http://tamanaka.com/MainGallery/ImageAndCaption.aspx?ImgID=124)
a bite of a cooked pancake but I have never given him a whole one. I probably wouldnt give a whole one to a chicken. the sugar might make her hyper and the salt might not process properly.

Just my 2 cents
wink.png

freeze some cooked yams
smile.png

My son didn't finish his pancakes the other day before the bus, so into the run they went and the 8 week old chicks devoured the last bites. I would not make it a daily staple, but a treat is ok.

My sons love my made from scratch, whole wheat with wheat bran pancakes. There are always one or two left over. My chickens love them. They have no syrup or sugar, and no more salt than bread. Also, my crossbeak silkie can grab big bites.

mine love pancakes, so do my ducks. I usually go to costco and buy a big bag of Krusteaz mix. When I make them up for grandson when he visits I make a bunch more. I then usually vaccuum pack them then they are fresh.

My chickens ate anything they could, I had to watch out that they did not get into the house pantry.

Back
Top Bottom