Will they ever get along?

Postman617

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 1, 2014
North East Georgia
Hello everyone. I have recently decided that my eggs lately have been hatching rather small birds. My Roo is to blame. He is an old English game but small some would say bantam. I decided to go to the other end or the scale and get me a Buff Orpington. I have found my guy he is a whopping 12lbs and is 3 years old. Proven breeder. Well brought them home and that's right you guessed it my little guy went nuts and jumped on my Buff. Now The buff is in and the OEG is out but I really do like my OEG rooster and will be sad to see him go. The buff just sits on my rooster when ever they fight and I have to go get my little rooster out from under the Buff( you should see it the buff eats grass while sitting on him). Will they eventually get along or is the little guy gotta go?

Sorry there is a very small chance they will get along
sad.png
. I know how you feel we had three roosters and we had to get rid of my favorite. We once had bantam roosters and hens that were very small, we were afraid that our big rooster would slaughter the little guys so we put them in another coop. I hope everything will turn out well!

You know that even if they work it out, the OEG if he is the top rooster, will do most if not all of the breeding. That would leave you in the same place you were when you decided to get the bigger rooster.

Back
Top Bottom