will they ever lay eggs!?!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by broken08, Oct 18, 2011.

1. broken08

broken08 New Egg

Sep 12, 2011
    These javas were born the first week of june and still not one egg!
    My layers will soon be broasters if this keeps up!
    I feed them regularly, they always have water, the temperature has been fine. Isn't it time?

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Patience is needed. I have chicks born in May that are not laying yet. Only one has lain. A del. Gloria Jean

3. shelleen

shelleen Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2011
    Be patient & give them a few more weeks. Mine were the slowest of the same-aged, other breeds in the flock. But, oh, those giant eggs are worth it. (Mine were born 1st week of May & have only been laying just over 10 days.)

4. birdface

birdface Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2011
    Downingtown, Pa
    I feel your frustration. I have a cochin and buff orp. that i got around easter and they havent started to lay yet. Their combs havent even turned red yet. I dont think they are ever going to lay eggs. Plus alll the ones i got for my mother in law have started to lay and we got them at the same time.

5. top of the hill

top of the hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Connecticut
    One of my RIRs started laying at 21 weeks followed by another Red at 22 weeks... the rest are still eggless at 25 weeks (1 more RIR and 3 EE's). When they start to squat for you, it's right around the corner. Trust me, I feel you, nothing quite like the surprise of finding that first egg! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by