1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will they hatch?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Chickengal505, May 7, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    One of my friends had a turkey hen setting on some eggs for about two weeks. Something ate the mama and he wants to incubate the eggs. I'm all for loaning him my incubator but 14 days in to incubation and a cool down for two days? Is it even half likely these eggs will hatch?

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Odds are not good after a 2 day cool down but it wouldn't hurt to try! Have they kept them warm at all?

3. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I'm not sure. Thats what I was thinking, maybe if they kept the eggs a tad warmer than roomn temp. they would have a greater chance of hatching. These people have about 16 chickens so I'm guessing they have a heat lamp. Just praying they put the eggs under it. [​IMG]

4. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I just went over there and set up my incubator, the eggs had been outside for two days and were ice cold. But he had three "fresh" eggs, so we're goning to try anyway.

5. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    If they had 16 chickens, they could have had one of the chickens sit them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by