will they hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kerrysmommy, Jun 29, 2011.

1. kerrysmommy

kerrysmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    My house :]
    hello i have started breeding silkies and i have had them fo a while and just kept the hen from the rooster. recently one little fuzzy butt hatched and here are 8 more eggs.. they dont really move in the egg when we candle them and im worried because they are a couple days late should i give them more time? they were underneath a hen and they hen wouldnt sit on them anymore so i built myself in incubator right now just to keep them alive but my mom is getting one fro a co worker to borrow i really want the to hatch because only one is out of and egg and has been alone 4 3 days now and i a worried for both the eggs and the chick
    thanks
    kerrysmomy

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Ok, I am not sure what your question is--but you should give them until day 25, then toss them. You can eggtopsy to be sure, but if the hen walked away, they are probably dead.

3. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    ok thanks but we candeled them last night and they were still ovein but my os said that they should hatch just with a heat lap so we have them under the heat lamp

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    The heat lamp will not provide even temperature, and there will not be enough humidity for the chicks to get out, unless you have something set up.

5. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    we have the humitity set and they are past day 21 and my moms friend is lettin us use in incubator and he said he had had this happen before and they heat lamp was perficly fine and he said it hatched them better than an incubator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by