1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will they miss him at first?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wbruder17, Apr 18, 2011.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I just had to rehome my roo, who was very sweet and treated the girls very well. He was a polish, so he couldn't see mush and spent most of his time chasing after the girls as they scattered about the yard. They DID listen to him tho, and I am wondering if they will miss him.

Im sure chickens don't have much of a memory after a short time, but do you think I will notice a difference in their behavior for the first few days?

2. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I didnt really notice any bad effect with our hens, if anything they seemed more calm and relaxed than when he was here.This is probably because he was getting pretty annoying to them.LOL

3. tennesseeckn

tennesseeckn Real or not real?

Jul 11, 2010
    Knoxville Area
    I had an evil roo and my girls were very happy when he was gone and even started laying for the first time. I think I even saw them singing Beyonce's "Single Ladies".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by