Will this building work?

bbowen

Songster
10 Years
Dec 31, 2009
Moira, NY
I am expecting 6 Barred Rock chicks this Friday. Brooder is 80% ready and should be done tomorrow.

My mom is willing to donate this building to me if I am able to move it the 15 miles from her house to mine.

Would this work as coop for my 6 gals in my Zone 4 climate?

The building is 8ft by 10ft and at least 6ft tall. Not insulated so I know I'll have to do that. It will probably sit on cinder blocks or something similar. It has a solid plywood floor. My mom took these pics, she's not a photographer but she tries!!

Front of the shed is on the 10ft side but I imagine that wouldnt be hard to change if needed:

46347_img_0989.jpg

One of the short ends:

46347_img_0988.jpg

Shot up under the eaves from the outside:

46347_img_0982.jpg

Back wall opposite doors with eaves. Eaves are open to the outside:

46347_img_0990.jpg

Short end of the building, inside:

46347_img_0991.jpg

If you take some better wider viewed pics I bet some people will give advice..I will ask DH when he gets home about advice! I think skid loader and roll back is what I would use. And Brace it good!

Thing is its buried in snow!! I have no idea what a skid loader and roll back are! Probably cost me more to hire someone to move it then to build a new one!

find a tow company that moves sheds and they usually have the equipment to get the job done. i was going to move mine this year its a 10x12 highside gambrel shed chicken coop. they told me $250.00 to move it 20 miles that was with all the permits.

nope wont work at all. PM me and tell your mom my hubby will be right over to take it off her hands LOL!!!!! I'm northern NYS too!!! PM me! Seriously tho, the building looks light a great coop! Hooray!

Back
Top Bottom