Will this electric device bother my hens?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Shortblondemommy, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Shortblondemommy

Shortblondemommy Chirping

Mar 2, 2018
    Sacramento, California
    9DF74163-483B-45E3-8CF4-32A69C5B9DFF.png

2. Shortblondemommy

Shortblondemommy Chirping

Mar 2, 2018
    Sacramento, California
    I need to get rid of the cockroaches outside before they start making there way into my home!!!!!

3. venymae

venymae Prairie Wind

Aug 18, 2014
    Manhappiness, Kansas
    My Coop
    While I don't know the answer to your original question, I will tell you that outdoor cockroaches will never go away. They are natures little clean up crew. They eat dead things and have an important niche in the ecosystem. As long as you keep a clean house (no food crumbs, etc.) and there isn't a major problem outdoors (think gigantic pile of rotting food or something) they won't infest your home. Plus, chickens love eating cockroaches. ;)

N Sully and Shortblondemommy like this.
  4. RWise

RWise Songster

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    I dont think it will bother the chickens, or the mice roaches etc..

5. Rachel Taylor

Rachel Taylor Crowing

Aug 17, 2017
    Virginia
    If they are outside they could be would cockroaches. I find them near firewood pile’s or scrap wood piles outside of my house. Wood roaches ussually want to hang out where the piles of wood are and won’t come near your house so much. They look very similar but there are small differences to be able to tell Which it is

6. Rachel Taylor

Rachel Taylor Crowing

Aug 17, 2017
    Virginia
    My hens eat them when they find them. That’s why they hung around the firewood pile so much before it went away over the winter

7. Not only will this 'electronic' devise not bother you hens it will also not bother the 9 species of pests depicted on the advertisement. But what the hey, it is your money and a much better use for any excess funds that you have laying around is to gift it to a wineo, at least he will get a bang out of it.

Hopperkiller likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: