Will this flooring fit in a car?

punk-a-doodle

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 15, 2011
Okay, okay, I know the real answer to this question is "get a truck". Working on it.

I found some old subfloor heart pine planks I want to use as nail down flooring. I need about 170 square feet of flooring to cover my room (Well, less, but I'm giving myself room for mistakes). The ad says the planks are '3/4x4" to 9" '. I have a Hyundai Elantra hatchback with seats that flip down. I've been amazed at what I've gotten to fit into this car before, but have no concept of what a 170 sq ft pile of flooring would look like size wise. I'm going to Lowe's today to see if their packaged flooring helps me eyeball how big a pile it would be. Maybe some of you are really familiar with wood though and can tell me if that would be an easy fit, or if I definitely need to give up on the idea of shoving it all in the car. Does anyone have photos of what roughly that amount of wood flooring looks like piled up?

Can you ask the sellers if it would fit?

I suck at spatial things like this, but I do know if you had better dimensions you'd be able to figure it out using "the math"
big_smile.png
Or is the seller could e-mail you a pic, something like that?

Any chance of borrowing a truck? Most guys I know with trucks are pretty willing to barter hauling for adult beverages or pizza.

The seller seems to be a lumber yard, and it has been a huge headache just getting ahold of anyone. Hours are 9-3 on weekdays which I can make work since I'm currently part-time, but all my truck owning friends are working full-time. Beer can make even the impossible happen though. x)

So if one plank is 1 foot x 8 feet long, that would make 20 something of them for 170 sq. feet. Am I right anyone?

So....for boards that are 4 inches wide x 8 feet long (guessing on the length here)...I am thinking you may be looking at 60 boards. That is a lot!

3/4 inch thick, times 30, and two of those stacks...hmmm I don't know. So it may be about 23 inches high and 8 feet long, two of those stacks. That would be my best guess.

If you stacked them all on top of one another, the stack would be 46 inches high? Am I right?

I could be totally wrong.

Back
Top Bottom