Will this match give me an olive egger?

macdoogle2

Songster
12 Years
Apr 3, 2011
San Diego
My rooster is a french black copper marans and one of my hens is an EE that lays green eggs. Will any hens that hatch from those eggs be OEs? Also, do I have to let the eggs layed by my girls sit for a day or two before putting them in the incubator or is that just for shipped eggs? Thank you so much and good luck to all you hatchers out there. This is my first attempt with incubating eggs from my own flock. I sure do hope that boy's been doing more than just crowing.

Quote:
Idk but they'll be gorgeous!!! I have a Birchen Copper Maran..he's my avatar Roo. Very lovely and forgets he's a roo, but thinks he's a dog..lol

I don't know about the egg sitting thing. I would think it's okay to scoop them up and put into the bator...hopefully someone can answer better than I. Good luck!
pop.gif

Yes that should work. I think you get the best Olive Eggers, from the girls that lay blue eggs. No you don't unless you are collecting for a few days. I only has one D'Uccle hen and saved them for 10 days, I just put them in my auto turner, that way I didn't have to worry about turning them. I have a Black Copper Marans that will be in with my EE's when he is old enough. Good luck
Michele

Welcome to BYC.

I have both BCM and EE. My BCM rooster matured very early and were "busy" by 3 months old.

There is an OE thread you will find interesting. THat group defines OE as Ameraucana x Marans.
An EE has Amerucauna breeding, so I plan to cross EE x BCM. Many use this cross as AMeraucanas are only available thru breeders. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the responses. I was waiting for my last two girls to lay and now have 18 eggs in the incubator. My girls are Golden and Silver laced wyndottes, FBCMS, Silver cuckoo Marans, BR, a white, I don't know what it is, and the EE. Now for the wait.
pop.gif

I did that exact combination, but my first two chicks probably won't lay til February or do. I'll keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom