Will this work as a temp house?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dr8goons, Jun 13, 2008.

1. dr8goons

dr8goons Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    VA
    Will this work as a temp house in the run for the chicks? if not how can i go about changing it to make it work? it was a freebie off freecycle and im hoping to get it to work till i can build a coop sorry i the pics are large its been awhile sine ive uploaded [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    How many chicks? It looks like it is barely big enough for 2 chickens. But for a freebie take it. You never know when you when a pen for one and you could cover it with wire on that 'front porch' part.

3. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I'd make that work in a heartbeat...I'm the queen of freecycle-recycle...lol. For chicks, that would be great as long as you give them plenty of pen space around it.

4. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I'd make that work in a heartbeat...I'm the queen of freecycle-recycle...lol. For chicks, that would be great as long as you give them plenty of pen space around it.

5. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    You mean as a brooder hutch? Certainly. Why not?
    Go for it!

6. steven11788

steven11788 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    hickory Nc
    for chicks or a sitting hen. but as they grow, of course as they said above, not good, but my motto
    "if it free its for me" lol:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by