Will this work for my new chick's coop?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by msheets, Nov 5, 2011.

1. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    I have a 4 stall/run dog kennel that I have for my beagles but this year my husband built a brand new "off the ground" kennel so this one is just setting there. I wasn't sure what to do with it since its still in my opinion to good to just tear down...then it hit me, maybe it could be my new chicken coop! I live out of city limits but within a subdivision without a fenced yard so out of the 200+ eggs I've hatched I could never keep even one chicken. I don't want a bunch of them, just maybe a bantam trio of a certain breed in each run? There's 3 the same size & then the 4th one is a double, so maybe a trio of full size chickens just for eggs...tell me what you guys think, like if it's big enough & any adjustments you'd make. Also each inside portion has a heat lamp built in. It's probably a good 12-15 feet wide if you're looking right at it & each run is 8-10 feet long including the enclosed area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG] That is FANTASTIC!! they can be converted real easy.

So whats your game plan? Here is a place that sells nests that I love and if I had no nesting boxes I would be doing this; http://fowlstuff.com/Products.html Check it out you will love it I am sure!!

3. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Thats fabulous! I'd give my left arm for something like that, its awesome!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    That is sooooooo great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by