1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will this work??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brooster, Jul 13, 2007.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I hear that used incubators collect a lot of bacteria. A lady i work for gave me her old incubator and turner (Little giant series) The turner looks like she never took it out for hatch time an like she never cleaned the incubator. I cleaned everything up, but the styrofoam i hear just holds the bacteria. Also one of the corners of the bottom peice of the incubator is broken. Should i keep the turner and just get a new bator, use it all, or start all new.

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    if the turner works keep it. Get a new bator as the pores hold in the bateria no matter how hard you clean it

3. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I scrubed the turner with bleach but it still has debris on it, but i would think the bacteria is killed. do you think this will harm anything? Thanks for the info. But do you think that i should get new egg cups?

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    How bad are the egg cups? The bateria would be killed on the turner because its nothing but plastic and metal. let it sit for a while and dry out.

5. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    They are not that bad, just streched out, but that could be a good thing i guess [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I would keep them then. as long as it works.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by