will this work?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by silkielover1731, Apr 12, 2012.

1. silkielover1731

silkielover1731 Chillin' With My Peeps

hello,
    i was wondering...my mom dosnt want me hatching more eggs......but my neighbor likes silkies and i breed them so doy ou think my mom would let me hatch the silkies and than sell them?? i really wanna get a new bator too so i need money for that do you think this will work?

2. Tweakster

Tweakster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    Garden Ridge, TX
    Dear Lover of Silkies and Hatch Addict,

I'mmmm,,,,, gonna back your Mom on this one. If she said no once, the chances are pretty good she'll say no again unless there has been a significant change in the factors leading up to her decision. I'm hearing a boat load of desires and no real changes in the circumstances.

You might try tuning into your mother's WIFM station (what's in it for me). There's a reason she doesn't want you hatching more chicks, look at changing that and you might stand a chance in convincing her it's a good idea. Let's get really honest on this. There were things that happened that she didn't like, and now she doesn't want you hatching chicks anymore. Go back and fix the things she didn't like and you might stand a chance.

Good luck.

3. silkielover1731

silkielover1731 Chillin' With My Peeps

i have been buying the feed,cleaning the coop,and horse stalls even carrying bales of hay to differnt barns for her because she dosnt know where she want them (our hay barn collapsed in a huge storm)

4. Tweakster

Tweakster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    Garden Ridge, TX
    Lover of Silkies and Hatch Addict,

Sounds like your are doing all the right things. Keep it up and when the time is right, dear old Mom will let you know. I know you want things right now, and waiting is hard. Understand that being a Mom is hard too. Support her and she'll support you.

Again, good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by