Will Trade Handwoven Shawls for Mandarin Ducks, Peacocks, or ???

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sagefox, Jul 16, 2008.

1. sagefox

sagefox Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2008
    Western PA
    Anyone interested in trading some unique birds for one of my handwoven shawls? I'm really hoping to find a pair of mandarin ducks...but I'm open to anything....I enjoy adding interesting birds to my flock..so if you have something neat..let me know [​IMG]
    Here's a pic of one of my shawls...the rest can be seen on my etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5245934

[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Beautiful shawls. What kind of loom do you use?

3. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    I regret I have nothing to trade but I wanted to compliment your lovely, lovely shawl.

4. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Beautiful Shawl. [​IMG] I do numerous crochet projects so I understand the time put into handcrafted items. But it's so rewarding to see a longtime project finished. Good luck on your new flock addition you're looking for [​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh sagefox...absolutely beautifull!! I wish I had something to trade ya...but I have the "norm" here.
    Buff orps...EE....and turkeys and mutts. LOL Dang...absolutely beautifull!

6. sagefox

sagefox Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2008
    Western PA
    Thanks everyone [​IMG] I really enjoy making these and they help support my chicken addiction lol.
    MissPrissy....my hubby bought me this 7' Adjustable Spriggs Triangle Loom for Christmas. There are alot of different versions out there...but I really love this loom because I can switch the pieces around and make many different sizes of shawls... although I usually just use it on the largest 7' setting because I like how big and cuddly the shawls the turn out. [​IMG]

7. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Sagefox, your wool batts and shawls are lovely.

I just got both Mandarin ducks and peafowl and am patiently waiting to figure out what sex they are. [​IMG]

Try contacting Kingscalls for Mandarin ducks. He is in TN.

Chel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by