WIll Valbanez work?

Ladyhawk12

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 13, 2014
So I have no clue IF Black Head is what my sick hen has. But I do know I found my entire flock foraging in a very wet area behind our house in the woods. Ive been reading a ton the last few days here on old threads. I see a lot of wormers recommened. My vet gave me enough Valbanez to worm my Crew. The are in the 5 pound range so am I right in 1/2 a cc each then repeat in 10 days? And will the Valbanez work to help them not become ill by infected worms from the wet area they found? Any help is SO appeciated! Oh and also is soaking a treat like a chunk of bread a good way to get them dosed?

Great! Thanks :) is it ok to soak a treat like a chunck of bread to get each one dosed? Not all of them are so tame lol. A few I might be able to sqirt in the mouth...but I know 2 Of them are gonna stuggle and I may miss!

Great! Thanks
smile.png
is it ok to soak a treat like a chunck of bread to get each one dosed? Not all of them are so tame lol. A few I might be able to sqirt in the mouth...but I know 2 Of them are gonna stuggle and I may miss!
For me it's easier to do them orally, but if the bread method works for you, do it.

-Kathy

Ooo boy .... yikes...a towel and a helping hand is in order! To force my sick hen to eat I've been wetting her feed and mixing a boilee egg. Opening her mouth and scoope some in she does shake some out but also swallows some.

Back
Top Bottom