willing to test your fertility rate after shipping

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 8ROYALS, Jan 23, 2011.

1. 8ROYALS

8ROYALS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas
    So here is the deal. I just got a GQF incubator and hatcher. I am willing to recieve eggs(chicken, duck, geese, etc) except quail and report to you about your shipping and handling. Plus I will give you your hatch rate and send you pics. I am also willing to trade to trade eggs with someone if they want to test, but get eggs back. You can send non-pure breeds. I do request that you mark your eggs, just incase I get more than one person sending at a time. I can hatch 288 at a time. I might be willing to split the cost of shipping if you are sending specific purebreeds. I know most people are like me send you eggs for free, but I am willing to provide the service of the info to help your shipping in the future. With that siad I have 24 of my own eggs in the incubator right now. They are due to hatch on the 12th of Feb. I have got the temp and humidity regulated, so the only problem would be power failure. If you are game to send some cool and if you wanna trade let me know. I have 7 'olive egger' roos for the flock of 36 hens that are 6 months old the first of Feb. I will have another 40 hens and 2 more roos in 3 months. Those three roos are BLRW. Thank you if you want to do this. I would also love to know what you are sending. Maybe I am crazy for thinking this. Just wanted to help people and in turn help myself with a little bigger flock. Thanks again

2. 8ROYALS

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas
    Well thought someone would at least want to trade...lol No problem..if you come across this later...pm me if I don't respond. Cool maybe I will look in another place for trde or something....maybe I should wait and ask closer to Spring...lol

3. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    yes warmer weather. its COLD here.

4. 8ROYALS

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas
    Quote:yeah I know...I was trying to do the trade on the crazy egg trade chain, but I have olive egger roos with other hens some olive eggers, ee and mutts...they are doing only purebreeds really. so that is a no go as of now. maybe i could start a egg trade chain for just anyone wanting to have more and different chickens, purebreeds and mutts welcome...lol

5. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    You're also getting into the time of year where people are starting to build their flocks for spring, and people showing are hatching for the coming seasons candidates. Most breeders who do not know someone in another part of the country will put a test egg auction up for sale. Sometimes these test eggs go as high or higher than the comparable variety auctions. You may find someone willing to send you mutt eggs to hatch, but be prepared to pay the shipping, not many people will cover the cost to ship you eggs unless its a trade and they get some in return.

6. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

As soon as I'm NIPI cert I'll send if you cover shipping- might be a month tho-

7. FarmerJohn3285

FarmerJohn3285 County Line Farms

Nov 18, 2010
    Trenton, SC
    Quote:yeah I know...I was trying to do the trade on the crazy egg trade chain, but I have olive egger roos with other hens some olive eggers, ee and mutts...they are doing only purebreeds really. so that is a no go as of now. maybe i could start a egg trade chain for just anyone wanting to have more and different chickens, purebreeds and mutts welcome...lol

I like your idea of a egg trade chain for all chickens; mutts, pures, hybrids, etc. I wanted to be on that chain too but all i had were red sexlink eggs.

8. 8ROYALS

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas

I like your idea of a egg trade chain for all chickens; mutts, pures, hybrids, etc. I wanted to be on that chain too but all i had were red sexlink eggs.

I guess I could start the chain forum...I mean that way people could have broodies, layers and maybe even some purebreeds. I have a few cochin and silkie crosses that lay eggs to hatch all the time. They are not show quality, but I only think that show people would be willing to trade with other show people that have the same breed and are far far away from them...just a thought. If enough people on here say to start a chain of egg trading for any eggs no matter what they are...then I will start it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  9. 8ROYALS

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas
    Quote:I like your idea of a egg trade chain for all chickens; mutts, pures, hybrids, etc. I wanted to be on that chain too but all i had were red sexlink eggs.

I guess I could start the chain forum...I mean that way people could have broodies, layers and maybe even some purebreeds. I have a few cochin and silkie crosses that lay eggs to hatch all the time. They are not show quality, but I only think that show people would be willing to trade with other show people that have the same breed and are far far away from them...just a thought. If enough people on here say to start a chain of egg trading for any eggs no matter what they are...then I will start it.

So if we started a Surprize Egg Trade Chain...who would want to do it? And do we post it under what category? The same as the other egg chains...I will start this the First of Feb if everyone wants.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by