willow's first

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by old geezer, Jul 4, 2011.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    willow , hatched out easter morning .[​IMG]. ,layed her first egg just 10 minutes ago--[​IMG]-i was in the workshop working on a few custom replica bird houses i build when i heard this half peep , gargle sound with a touch of the buk buk mixed in coming from the coop ....[​IMG]...., i thought willow may have sited the fox thats been crossing my yard lately and she was sounding the alarm---but she kept it up --so i checked the coop and egg box and found a pullet size egg--so small it's cute-[​IMG]...[​IMG]...--dang ---i gotta get off my butt and find out how this digital camera i bought at a tag sale works

2. griffinheather

griffinheather Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    Alexandria, LA
    Oh, take a photo we wanta see!!![​IMG]

3. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    At 10 weeks? Seriously? What breed is Willow?

4. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    N&MSchroeder :

At 10 weeks? Seriously? What breed is Willow?

i got 8 fertile egg from my farmer friend up the road because i don't have a roo---he has some very large RIR's----almost giagantic looking to me-- i have a red named lucy and she's smaller than my Buff orpingtons
    ---willow was alsoo the only chick hatched---my very first baby chick ever ---suzy my speckled sussex is raising 3 chicks from the same flock--i plan to keep one that i named button---a beautiful mixture of a mahogany red , dark brown ,tan a chestnut color and a tinge of buff---now---buffy my other BO went broody a few days ago and is sitting on 12 eggs from my farmer friend---unless there is a special chick - i plan to give them back to al ,---i just love seeing baby chicks with their moms
    i am also going to try and get my daughter to come up with her good camera and take some picks---maybe i can send them to one of the moderatoators to post for me​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by