wilma is wheezing i think

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickchicks, Sep 29, 2011.

1. chickchicks

chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    eveything seems to be happening this month !

i think my momma chicken has a cold

she is weexing quite a bit . and taking really deap breaths .

her nose is clear , there is no sneezing that ive seen and she runs around the garden like the rest

she is not eating as much as the others though wich has worried me a little and she is a bit skinny.

i think this is as previous from another post ,.. becasue she is lookinjg after the chicks she tends to give themthe majority of her food.

ive been taking her aside for the past few days and feeding her alsorts and she has put weight back on . but hten the breathing has started

is it a colddo you think or could it be from ... the worming imtryingmy hardest to give her ( just a precaution as the skinnyness could be that. id rarther do all than ignore!)

i have noticed though that at least one of the little ones 8 weeks on sat (ive now counted) has thesniffles and sneeze left right and centre with a little runny nose. BUT is ok as she eats like a pig runs around like a mad chicken and climbs onto anything she can and does everything any other oth the chicken

they are getting plenty of water with ACV in imhoping that is the right thing to put in the water to help boost there health .

if anyone has good adivice on what to do and what to look out for it would be appreciated

2. chickchicks

chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    anyone [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by