1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wilton, Maine Sept 4th (sun)

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by hoppy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    time to get this thread started.
    Sept 4th (sun)Wilton , maine TSC 9 am to 2 pm

whos coming and what are you bringing?

2. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    is there alot of sellers at this one . how have the swaps been so far.

3. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    This swap is today....

I have plenty of young d'Uccles and a few young bantam cochins to sell, but it looks like there is a lack of interest for this swap.

I'll drive over and take a look......

4. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:so what was the scoop on this swap, were there many there? I didn't hear much chatter about it at all.

5. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    Quote:so what was the scoop on this swap, were there many there? I didn't hear much chatter about it at all.

I saw four sellers.....

Perhaps the Windsor Fair Show was the place to be to buy and sell???

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine

I saw four sellers.....

Perhaps the Windsor Fair Show was the place to be to buy and sell???

at windsor, there certainly were birds for sale that didn't last long once the sign to sell was up and new birds were brought in each day for sale to fill those empty cages. I think it could have been lack of advertising. I did not see anything, I even started this thread as none was posted [​IMG]

7. CranberryCreekFarm

CranberryCreekFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Maine
    I was thinking about helping with the swaps next season ( Don't want to step on any toes). Hasn't been much of a buzz at this store since the first swap it seems.... I have some ideas

8. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I help with the augusta swaps and what I find is the biggest thing, advertise. I advertise any place I find that is free but mostly UH and CL as well as here. getting the word out is big. if people know it's going on, they will come. the limited advertising in the store isn't going to do it because you have people that have never gone into a feed store because they don't yet have chickens or maybe they shop elsewhere. word of mouth also helps but it's just getting a buzz going.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by