WIND! RAIN! HAIL!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It is a miracle we still have power.

We just experienced one of the most powerful thunderstorms I think Phoenix has seen in many, many years.

Our lawn was just FILLED with pea sized hail... looked like it had been snowing.

We just bought a new car for my in laws and I'm driving it to Salt Lake tomorrow...I'm praying I don't go out and see a bunch of hail damage in the morning.

Our pool is just filled with garbage and I had it pristine at 8PM.

I'm hoping that the sky light on the coop survived the storm.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

Monsoon season still going on?

You're headed for SLC. I'm in Idaho Falls right now. Practically next door.

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Wow I thought the storm we had a few weeks back was bad, your sounds much worse! Hope there is no damage to your house and the new car.
    Have a safe journey to Salt Lake City - God Bless

4. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Thanks, the first storm ended and now we have another whopper outside that is just NOISY... non stop lightning, thunder and heavy, heavy rain... the streets are still flooded from the first storm... they are all just big rivers.. we had to put towels on the north end door to keep the water from flooding in. The parking lot at the school across the street is a big pond.

dac... I'll actually be in Logan with my mother until Monday, then to SLC to fly back to Phoenix on Tuesday morning.

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Thanks, the first storm ended and now we have another whopper outside that is just NOISY... non stop lightning, thunder and heavy, heavy rain... the streets are still flooded from the first storm... they are all just big rivers.. we had to put towels on the north end door to keep the water from flooding in. The parking lot at the school across the street is a big pond.

dac... I'll actually be in Logan with my mother until Monday, then to SLC to fly back to Phoenix on Tuesday morning.

Can you take any pics of the storm? but safely!

6. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sorry, didn't take any pics of the storm.

It rained in Utah from yesterday afternoon until about noon today, but has cooled off considerably. There is snow on the high mountains here in the Salt Lake Valley... back to Phoenix tomorrow and the HEAT!

BTW... parts of Phoenix looked like a war zone on Friday morning... I had to cancel patients because we had no electricity at the office and so I just got in the car and drove north... took 11.5 hours from Phoenix to Logan w/ stops for gas in Flag and Panguitch. Stopped in Santaquin to pick up some produce from my brothers farm to deliver to my mother. Long trip.

7. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Mahonri, I had to laugh last week. We were in Fountain Hills the night the wind flipped planes at the little airport...here in Florida they were getting 9-10 inches of rain (much more in some areas) and sending the kids off to school, and in Fountain Hills they got 9/10 of an inch...and lost internet service.

Not to minimize the hailstorm...that's scary stuff.

Have a safe trip and I hope you don't see a zillion dimples in the morning.

8. AuthenicDixieGirl

AuthenicDixieGirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Mississippi
    Sorry to hear that... but be thankful you are ok. LOL...you should be glad you don't live in Mississippi.We have those kind of Thunderstorms on a regular basis seems like. Today we are getting the remnants of Hurricane Gustave . At the moment we are under a Tornado watch .Not great weather for sure. I heard on the news Mississippi has over a 100,000 customers with out power from the storms and no telling how many in LA.

9. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for bringing the storm with you, we needed it - had a little hail here to in Murray......

10. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I left SLC on Tuesday morning and it was 39 degrees!

107 here yesterday.

I'll be happy I live here in a couple of months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by