wind, wind, WIND...........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mom'sfolly, Dec 24, 2009.

1. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    my god, is it blowing hard here today. I can feel the cold starting to seep in. I know the cold is relative, but if this wind keeps up, it will be a bad night here in Central Texas. I'm going out to move some firewood to the back door, and then do my few errands for the day. We've even had a little bit of snow flurries. This kind of wind, this time of year also means hellacious pollen counts. Hello cedar fever....

Sorry, moan over.

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

when it gets windy like that around here, we lose our electricity.

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Sorry. It must be from all the bellowing I'm doing over here b/c today is not going as I had planned. [​IMG] [​IMG] I'll try to lower the wind velocity....[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  4. mom'sfolly

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    hoosier, that was me yesterday....the kiddos fight when they are bored. They've been out in the wind all day, so are doing all right. It sounds like I'm trapped in Wuthering Heights!

5. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    It was bad late last night too. Had to bring in the silkies because their temporary coop/shelter was blown over round 1 am (woke us up!)and they weren't happy. Today is really bad, the wind is really whistling around the corners of the house, have branches all down in the yard and there have been a few flurries mixed in with it. Right now it sounds like a freight train outside. Hope it doesn't get worse, thinking my fruitless mulberry is going to crack before I can get it cut down.
    My ee's are hiding under the nest box since their coop is still a bit open, May was trying to lay earlier but kept getting blown out of the nest!

We had a ton of rain last night that was NOT in any of the forecasts either, no precip predicted for today either but we can see it coming on the doplar.....

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Get ready for a white Christmas y'all. That's the only reason I'm not complaining about the wind - it's s'pose to bring us some snow this evening. [​IMG]

7. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Windy, oh my gosh YES! But SNOW? ....he he he, I think that must be ash from someones fireplace. [​IMG] It's in the 50's and I've had a window open all day.

It sure beats the horrid heat from this summer though, doesn't it??

8. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:I could see lightening off to the north/east of Elgin/Bastrop. That must have been you. We only had a brief shower here and maybe another one overnight.

9. mom'sfolly

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Tammy, it'll get to you. The weather bug 1/4 mile from my house has been hovering around 35-36* for the last several hours. I admit the flurries looked awful hail like, but didn't have hail weather with them. The wind is at least 20 mph, gusting much higher. I've been picking up small branches all day.

I've loved the glorious fall we've had. I think God was rewarding us for surviving the summer. And yes, I will take this any day over 105* for 60 days running.

10. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    mom'sfolly :

hoosier, that was me yesterday....the kiddos fight when they are bored. They've been out in the wind all day, so are doing all right. It sounds like I'm trapped in Wuthering Heights!

[​IMG] You'rs only fight when they get bored???? Wanna trade???? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by