Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebelcowboysnb, Sep 23, 2011.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Any of y'all playing with it yet?

Here it is for anyone that wants to try it.

32 bit

64 bit

These are disk images you have to burn to a DVD then install just like the old versions.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:okay I'm interested but a little intimadated. can you explain what it all means once I put it on my computer? in easy to understand English, thanks I have 64bit. windows 7

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. Runt Of The Litter

Runt Of The Litter Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    cheshire,UK
    rebelcowboysnb,
    it doesnt have to be put onto disc,there is another way of doing it...safer and lazier. [​IMG]
    crap computer specs better keeep away from this method though,as it will need a bit of power to split between both.

here is the easy method to install most operating systems inside of a modern windows OS-
    use a VM [virtual manager],woud recommend virtual box as its completely free and decent: http://www.virtualbox.org/
    -with
    a VM there is no need to install it on disc and mess up hard drive partitions [windows ontop of windows is never a good install].
    just install the VM and make a profile on it for the new windows,then open the ISO file inside it,itll start installing inside of virtual boxes partition,a lot safer.
    just dont use to much memory/processor etc for the profile,try and equaly split it because itll crash otherwise.

if need any further information on this,please ask-am using it with backtrack due to the laptop not having a dvd drive.

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I can't download it from work, but hopefully it is better than Windows 7.

5. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Depends on what you think is better. I think it is going a step back words

6. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:Depends on what you think is better. I think it is going a step back words

Well, 7 is awful, so if 8 is a step backwards, that's just wonderful.

7. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada

Well, 7 is awful, so if 8 is a step backwards, that's just wonderful.

They have made every thing in a way i don't like for any PC. They have gotten rid of the desktop as we know it.

8. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I telecommute from home, and the software we use for transcription doesn't work with Windows 7. I still have XP (although our program does also work with Vista). I really need a newer/faster/better computer, but I can't find one that doesn't have Windows 7 already installed on it!

If they're already bringing out a Windows 8, I'm sure many companies (including ours) will be left hanging out to dry.

Hey Microsoft, let us get used to 1 OS & let the industry develop programs that will actually WORK with the new OS before giving us a newer version, okie dokies?

9. rebelcowboysnb

Quote:okay I'm interested but a little intimadated. can you explain what it all means once I put it on my computer? in easy to understand English, thanks I have 64bit. windows 7

The normal way is to download the file an when you try to open it it should open nero or roxio or what ever disk burner you have so you can make a disk. (DVD) That disk once made is your install disk.

To install you restart the pc with the disk in. You may have to it F2 to give you the option to boot from the CD. The splash screen that you first see when you power your PC on usually says. Then when it loads the disk it will say to press one button on the keyboard to boot from the disk. You have about 5 seconds to do that or it will just load the regular way. After hitting the key it will load an ask several things. Click upgrade if you are running windows now. If it asks about hard drives just click C: an enter. Its hard to mess up from there but remember you are replaceing your OS an will be starting like its a new PC so back up anything you want to keep an make sure you have or have made the restore disks for your PC so you can go back if you dont like windows 8.

10. rebelcowboysnb

Quote:Never used VM but I use VPC an when I tried to install on VPC I got an error.

I have stacks of PCs so I am playing around with it on a old laptop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by