WINDOWS FOR YOUR COOP OR SHED

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Kay56, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Kay56

Kay56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Hi Everyone...I was in search for about a month [​IMG] for 2 small windows that would work for our chicken coop. Well after looking at every MAJOR home supply place, used window places, newspaper, craigslist and internet I came across "SHED WINDOWS AND MORE" Anyways, they came in 2 days and are just awesome. We purchased two flush mount windows for $28.95 each plus shipping (very reasonable). They have screens and white decorative grilles as well. A great bargain as it beats using a lot of gas running around searching.
    In order for us to use the hardware cloth on the inside for extra protection we are mounting the windows flush side inside the coop. The hardware cloth fits over them nicely and the perk to this is we can open the windows from the outside and not have to get in to do so....[​IMG] We can add decorative trim outside to finish them off. Pictures will come later on when we are finished the coop.

I did finally find a older post or two mentioning this window place...good luck and I hope this helps some other newbies and saves the frustration we encountered.

p.s. They also have an ebay site (Theresa Slack) with their windows. (they carry flush mount and J Channel)

Thanks....K

1 person likes this.
  2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Watch for houses getting replacement windows. The owners are happy to have someone haul them off for them.

I've also found them new, at auctions for practically nothing... Seriously, 6 windows for $5 total.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  3. lesgo54

lesgo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2012
    spencer, tn
    im needing 3 windows and i sure dont want to spend alot for them. whats the web site for them cheep windows

4. yellowirenut

yellowirenut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    New haven, IN
    Lowes also has them also.

5. lesgo54

lesgo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2012
    spencer, tn
    thanks, ill check lowes

6. yellowirenut

yellowirenut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    New haven, IN
    they are back with the basement windows..kind of hidden past all the normal windows

7. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    I bought from this company as well. They have a nice selection and they are very nice quality windows. I too searched everywhere. My problem was that I was ready to frame up my coop, so I needed to know what size windows I was putting in. I couldn't frame the coop and then look for the windows, as I would likely never find the size I framed for.

8. RMBGKY

RMBGKY Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2010
    Bowling Green, KY
    Go to your local window replacement company. They will have stacks of windows for free. They usually just set them out next to the dumpsters. Free for the taking.

I just made a whole in the wall the size of the window and hinged it at the top to open.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by