Windows XP Screensaver Password Help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mjdtexan, Aug 8, 2009.

1. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Songster

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    When you check the box in the screensaver area of Windows XP to engage the password functions, ¿how do you set what the password will be? ¿Will it be the same password you have set for that Windows username account?

Mike

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    It should be, mine "was"... But then it stopped asking for a password after the screensaver.. My computer changes it's own settings all the time, and im not even being hacked.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Yup- it's the same as your user login when you first hit the windows screen.

4. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Songster

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I guess I will try it later this evening. I am so scared that I am going to enable the password function and then be locked out because I didnt know how to set the screensaver password.

5. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Songster

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Quote:Quote:Thank Yall both. Here goes. Checking button, going outside to get my brain right, coming back in and hoping it works.

6. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Songster

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Yep, it worked. Thank Yall. Now I dont have to worry about the cat or dog using the computor while I am outside.

Mike

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:No but if your cat can type make us a viedo for you tube fame and glory!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: