1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

windsor maine chicken show (whos going and are you bringing anything?)

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by hoppy, May 18, 2009.

1. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    may 24th this sunday is the windsor chicken show in maine. who is going and are you bringing anything?
    I'll start, I'm going but only to watch and browse.

2. Poultry Run Farm

Poultry Run Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:We'll be there. My Daughter and Niece will be Showing in Junior Class. Not exactly sure what she will bring to sell. If hubby comes with us he will handle the sale birds. The kids and I are usually running all over with Showmenship and helping out where needed. I'm sure she will have some Indian Runners, went through some of them today and she has a few that she doesn't want to keep to breed or show.

3. TimG

TimG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Maine
    If I'm in the mood for a ride Sunday, I might try to make it to see what is going on. The closest I have ever been to a chicken show is walking through the poultry barn at the Fryeburg or Cumberland Fair.

4. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    I'm going but I don't have anything to enter right now.

Does anyone know what might be the best time to go just for viewing????

No one is allowed in the aisles when the judging is going on and sometimes that takes quite a while.

5. card5640

card5640 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Bangor area, Maine
    My husband, daughter and I will be going, its our first. We are going to buy a chick or 2 or three or or or or, would love a silkie or/and copper maran or/frizzle......... what time do the festivities begin?

6. Poultry Run Farm

Apr 16, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:Not sure if there will be too many young chicks there. We may be able to bring a pair of silkies. Still have two growing out pens to go through. I know she will have some extra Roos there looking for new homes, Silkies, Mottled D'Anvers and Quail D'Anvers (some of those guys are pretty nice, just too many Roo's) She will also have a pair of Black D'Anvers. Oh, and two older mixed chicks~they are Silkie/Faverolle mixed (don't even ask)...

The Judging starts at 9 PM. Some people are set up by that time, some before. We wouldn't be until close to that time, unless Daddy comes and handles the sale birds. Sarah has way too many birds to groom for this show...

7. Poultry Run Farm

Apr 16, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:There will be an auction too, there are usually birds and loads of donated items. Plus there will be a raffle. That is usually around 12-1 PM or so, we try to work it around the Junior Showmenship and after the Judging.

You of course can view the birds all day.. Usually just the area the Judge is in, is roped off and the rest are open. Course if you are looking to buy, early is better the best stock goes fast.

8. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    Quote:Not sure if there will be too many young chicks there. We may be able to bring a pair of silkies. Still have two growing out pens to go through. I know she will have some extra Roos there looking for new homes, Silkies, Mottled D'Anvers and Quail D'Anvers (some of those guys are pretty nice, just too many Roo's) She will also have a pair of Black D'Anvers. Oh, and two older mixed chicks~they are Silkie/Faverolle mixed (don't even ask)...

The Judging starts at 9 PM. Some people are set up by that time, some before. We wouldn't be until close to that time, unless Daddy comes and handles the sale birds. Sarah has way too many birds to groom for this show...

Oops...9 AM I think! [​IMG]

9. IamTheEggMan

IamTheEggMan Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    Bristol, Maine
    We'll be there! Our first one as well. I'm going to try to bring the whole family but if I want to make any purchases (which is the main reason we are going) I'm going to have to put the wide seat in the middle of the van and put the dog crate in the back.

I've been looking forward to adding to our flock all spring! Our beautiful Buff Orpington ladies could use some new friends.

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    just a reminder- windsor show is sunday sunday sunday sunday-may 24th, that 's tomorrow for those reading this on saturday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by