Wing banding peachicks

PhoredaBurds

Songster
6 Years
Feb 7, 2014
NY Finger Lakes Region
i finally mustered the courage to put wing bands on my chicks. They are the zip style bands, closed with a riveter tool. Watched a couple YouTube videos and believe I got them in the right place, avoided any blood vessels, etc. I'm wondering tho, which of these two bands is upside down:
IMG_3412.JPG
I think the one on the white bird is upside down. If it is, does it matter? Do I need to switch it out for right side up?

i finally mustered the courage to put wing bands on my chicks. They are the zip style bands, closed with a riveter tool. Watched a couple YouTube videos and believe I got them in the right place, avoided any blood vessels, etc. I'm wondering tho, which of these two bands is upside down:
View attachment 1063518
I think the one on the white bird is upside down. If it is, does it matter? Do I need to switch it out for right side up?

It doesn't really matter, they will settle in one way or another in time. I don't use those, I use the Jiffy type.

IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1099.JPG

Thanks! It was much easier than I expected. And the birds tolerated it well. It will be much easier to keep track of who is who when they have numbers on them. Last year I hatched IBs from 2 different sources and lost track of which birds were which.

Back
Top Bottom