WINNER A NO-PAY - BIN TODAY!! 8 Isa Brown X Splash Jersey Giant eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, May 5, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    THIS AUCTION ENDS AT NOON ON FRIDAY, 5/6 - WINNER OF AUCTION ENDING THIS MORNING HAS NOT PAID NOR CONTACTED ME!!!

I will include today's egg in the shipment as well (assuming she will lay today...she lays most every day.)

I have one Isa Brown hen - her boyfriend is a Splash Jersey Giant rooster, who is quite smitten with her, and follows her around like a puppy dog. He even roosts next to her and often covers her with his wing - somewhat odd rooster behavior, and she's the only one he does this with.

Anyway...this Isa Brown hen is a phenominal layer, laying 28 days straight, then taking a day or two off, and starting all over again, all through winter (in fact, she was the only hen I had that laid all through winter). The splash Giant rooster is huge - I haven't weighted or measured him, but he's a big 'un (Bobbi Porto lines if it matters for a cross!!). The pullet pictured is the only progeny I have from the cross, and I just find her so cute that I thought it would be fun to offer some small batches of eggs.

Member Muggsmagee won twp auctions auctions for these and had phenominal hatches (first was 100%, 2nd was....gosh, I think 5 out of 7?? (That 2nd auction, the eggs ended up sitting for 4 days before being put into the bator, as she had a bunch going into her bator at the same time and she lost track of them for a few days). I believe Muggs told me she ended up giving one away, and had a total of 50% splash and 50% blue chicks from the hatch.

The one chick I hatched from this cross (lucky me - I got a pullet! I'm not usually that lucky when I hatch only 1 or 2!!) is white with black splashes, and her chest/neck are sort of a buff color. She has a nice, long back like her daddy, and.....almost nothing like her momma! I'm super excited for when she begins to lay; I'm so hoping she lays really well like her momma. Mom's eggs are quite round, and medium brown in color. The Jersey line I have lays light brown eggs, more elongated and quite large.

My pullet turns 18 weeks old today - her comb is just beginning to pink up, and as silly as it sounds, I'm looking more forward to her eggs than the Marans pullets I hatched along with her! I've grown really attached to this little gal. I'm not sure why, but she has really grown on me!

This is a PayPal only auction; payment must be made by noon tomorrow (5/6) and eggs wil be shipped out shortly thereafter.

Here are a few (bad) pics - taken with my cell phone, so not very good quality:

Here's the roo with his fave girlfriend - she is always by his side:

[​IMG]

And another (blue Jersey in front):

[​IMG]

PLEASE DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU INTEND TO FOLLOW THROUGH!!!!

Last edited: May 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by