winter advisory question

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by key west chick, Feb 9, 2011.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ok, I live in North Ga. If I drive straight north, I will hit the bottom of North Carolina in about an hour and a half, give or take a few minutes. Extreme north Ga could be expecting up to 2 inches of snow tonight. Ive often wondered, what constitutes "extreme" north Ga? How far north do you need to be to be considered extreme north Ga? What do y'all think?

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
  3. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    NOOOOO thank you! You can have it! My sister in Bowling Green Kentucky got 7 inches today. She is over it too.

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I actually like lots of snow. We've had over 7 feet already this season, and still plenty of time to go. I may be premature in perusing the seed catalogs. I'm not sure when we'll see the garden again. There is a 4 foot fence around it somewhere here.

[​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    :lol:Extreme north Georgia would be like you're in the northern most part of the state of Georgia, in a county bordering another state. Like I'm in the extreme southeast corner of the state on the coast at the Ga/Fla border. I think you'll get 2" of snow![​IMG]

6. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Hmmm, Im 2 counties south of the border. Still havent seen a flake yet.

7. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    yuk i thought it was suppose to warm there!

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We got about 3 inches yesterday morning and the best thing about it was it was gone by the afternoon! My kinda snow [​IMG]

Steve

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by