1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Winter Brisk Show Results!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by L&Schickens, Dec 13, 2009.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Well, we went to a show this weekend. It was fun. We did well, but not as good as last year. That is ok thought. It was still fun and Loren won $20!!
    Loren got Champion Showmanship with his OEGB Perry, Welsummer hen # 81 got Reserve Variety and Reserve Breed, Welsummer hen #66 got Best Variety and Best of Breed, (You go girls!) Silver Quail roo #1091 got Reserve Variety, and Blue Quail hen got the same. Phyllis, our buff Silkie got best non-white/black slikie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I also entered my Kentucky Specks. They all got 1 on the card. Not sure what that means, but they are not recognized and were the only ones there, so what else can they write?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Beautiful chickens!

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Beautiful chickens and handsome young men!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] Handsome young men and beautiful birds.

5. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    L&Schickens :

And I also entered my Kentucky Specks. They all got 1 on the card. Not sure what that means, but they are not recognized and were the only ones there, so what else can they write?
    http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...59117229376_1571137907_30396644_6881821_n.jpg

You have Kentucky Specks, all the way out there in WA? Can I ask from whom you purchased them? My friend Matt John of Shady Lane Poultry is working on conserving them, when he gets his numbers up I am going to try to find room for some. Did you get yours from him?

Very cool...

And congrats on your show!​

6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I love it when people post pictures of shows.

7. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:You have Kentucky Specks, all the way out there in WA? Can I ask from whom you purchased them? My friend Matt John of Shady Lane Poultry is working on conserving them, when he gets his numbers up I am going to try to find room for some. Did you get yours from him?

Very cool...

And congrats on your show!

I got them from a man here in WA who got them from your someone in Kentucky. He told me who, but I don't remember. I got mine as eggs. I have 1 roo and 5 hens.

8. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    The chicken show was fun and I am glad we went, but some people can just be rude. My hubby was talking to a man and when we came over, he said the man had asked what kinds of chickens we had. So I told the man. He said "You should get some real chickens!". Then he started to tell me he was a poultry judge and where he lived and what kinds of chicken he had. As if I would go buy any from him after that!
    Well, anyway, it really irritated me. Why do did he feel the need to diss my birds? [​IMG]

9. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Judges are humans too, with all the faults the rest of us have (more's the pity!)

10. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Funny thing is he was not "The" judge he was "a" judge. He had no idea how my birds did at this show or even what birds were mine. He was just there to check it out. He didn't even have any birds entered. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by