💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hello everyone!

A few of my friends and I saw the thread about electing a quail, so we decided to do an election with chickens!

Submit a picture of your chicken and tell us a little bit about him or her. I will pick two chickens on December 8th (4 days) and start a new thread for voting.

Thank you and have fun!

( @RoosterWhisperer @Lacy Duckwing @Starburst @Misfits Farm 92 @chicken3fly ) Invite your friends!

Edit: sorry, no chicks allowed

Last edited:
thumbnail_D84CB09B-BEFD-418F-92BE-D7526F502453.jpg

Introducing Honey! Honey is a sweet, and oh-so-adorable hen! She is funny, but is still mature. Honey is very intelligent, tuned to the call "Chook chook chook chookies" She will run over (super fast) to report. Honey is definitely a great candidate, and will work wonders for her country. :)
Honey's Message:

"Hello everyone. I'm Honey. Let me just say something: roosters don't always rule the roost. Oh, no. Hens be heard! We are the givers of light, hope and love. When I was a chick, my toes and nails were deformed. That never stopped me. I pushed onwards, adapting to the unique part of myself. I promise to be honest, reliable, and tell you the facts. Not what you just want to hear, but the truth. I will put my foot down to any rivals and show everyone that I am Honey. And I will guide us to safety".

Last edited:
Ok, here goes...
"Hi, my name is Freya, I know what you're thinking, why a hen for office and not a rooster?
Well, I may look small and might not fit in the usually large office chairs, but size doesn't count when it comes to providing for your flocks and family.
Unlike most hens, I am not afraid to make sure my voice is heard, but I'm not power-obsessed, such as most roosters running for office are.
If you decide to vote for me, I shall stay true to my word, no false golden promises here and nothing but pure love for my flock-mates."
IMG_0897.jpg

(No offense to any roos out there)

222B85ED-BF04-41C7-A587-167DFB1515BD.jpeg

Hi, everyone! My name is Jasmine, and I’m an Australorp. Though I am a hen and not a rooster, I have a story of strength and hope to tell to all: About a year ago, I was brutally attacked by a dog, almost all of my feathers gone from the attack and large, open wounds. But the hardest part for me was that I couldn’t walk. I was taken to the vet, and they pronounced my right leg to have severe nerve damage, and that I would never walk again. This was devastating news to me. Not only would I have to endure terrible pain, but I would never run around with my flock again, never stand in the soil, scratching happily for bugs. I was taken home and well cared for in my caretaker’s house. Every day, they put a syringe in my beak and had me swallow bitter medicine. I sat in a little basket for weeks. My caretaker would do all sorts of exercises with me, to help me as best as she could. Then, one day, when she took me outside to smell the fresh air, as she did every day, I looked around, then took flight from my basket, landing in a garden with a thump. I then proceeded to take a dust-bath. This surprised both of us, and gave us each a new hope. A few days later, my caretaker set me on the floor, holding me upright on my good leg, strengthening it. Within a few weeks, I was hopping on my leg around the room, as fast as I could go. I fell a few times and stumbled, but I was getting around! As winter came, I was able to get around quite easily on my one leg, but the flock despised seeing me and attacked me brutally every chance they got. So my caretaker built me a beautiful shelter complete with twinkly lights. I stayed in it through the blustery winter, and by spring, I had started to do the unthinkable - I was using my other leg! I would take a step gingerly, then limp forward. I was still very slow at walking, but I was walking! Gradually, my flock accepted me back, and now I live with them happily, free-ranging on the sunny days, scratching around. And while I still have a severe limp, I have come a long way.
Whenever new chicks come around and join the flock, I make sure to treat them with love and kindness, remembering how my flock used to treat me, and never wanting this to happen to these innocent little ones. I will even step in and take the blow for the bottom of the pecking order. I strive to treat everyone with kindness, I try to make every voice heard. For once upon a time I was considered a lost cause - but now I am strong. I know what it’s like to be an outcast. I know what it’s like to be forgotten. And if I am chosen, I will do my very best to make you never feel like that again. But regardless, I hope my story has brought you hope and comfort, and encouraged you to stand up. Literally. Thanks!
C467483F-C833-4553-A352-808A54730A3C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom