Winter, fall, winter, spring, winter??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justusnak, Dec 15, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

OK, so here in SE Indiana, we have had some crazy weather. We had a few nights in the 20's....so out I go, cover the windows..block up every drafty hole I can find...then, guess what 50s and 60s. Then cold again...30's during the days...more bedding. OK, now rain, and rain, and rain...wet bedding from them coming in and out....clean the bedding, add more. This is not so easy with 10 pens needing done. Alright, everyone dry....cozy....then back into the 60's! So...now, I wake up this morning to SNOW...we got about 3 inches....not too bad, everyone is warm, clean....right?? WRONG! After the snow...comes the sleet/rain. Now the water is packing down the snow..and there is no where for the water to drain off of the yards! Oh, and the netting over the runs?? Lets just say....next summer, there will be some more work done there, new construction. For now I have branches in the middle of the runs, holding the ice covered netting up....and the chickens are all in lockdown! And to think, I was wanting WINTER to come! HA! I can handle the snow....this ice is getting the better part of my patience!

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Same kind of weather here Deb..It's not a wonder the chickens are acting funny and not laying well...60s one week and zero the next here...

3. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    We've got that kind of weather too

4. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Its cold agian : (

and its raining...

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

This is what the weather man said for today.... "blustery and snow" Windy, snowy....just cold cold cold! We are supposed to have our family Christmas party today, Family coming from as far away as 4 hr one way. Not sure everyone will make it tho. I wanted to cancle...and try another day...most said NO WAY..we WILL be there. UGH! I jsut want them to be safe...and NOT get snowed in at MY place!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by