Winter feeding

ruffin

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 4, 2014
Hi again well bonnie & Clyde have certainly grown over the last few months and now have a pond in the garden that they spend most of there time around. My question today is during the summer I have been feeding them with a small amount of dry food in the morning and then as they are put into there pen at night and then they have full run of a large lawn which I havent had to mow since I got them, now autumn is on us and the grass has stopped growing should they be having a lot more dried food or is there something else they should be having. Any help would be much appreciated

PS I am in Yorkshire UK so autumn and winters can be harsh

Hi again well bonnie & Clyde have certainly grown over the last few months and now have a pond in the garden that they spend most of there time around. My question today is during the summer I have been feeding them with a small amount of dry food in the morning and then as they are put into there pen at night and then they have full run of a large lawn which I havent had to mow since I got them, now autumn is on us and the grass has stopped growing should they be having a lot more dried food or is there something else they should be having. Any help would be much appreciated

PS I am in Yorkshire UK so autumn and winters can be harsh
Hi Ruffin. Just feed them with greens, fruit, etc, whatever´s available and cheap. Also, try to get the stff the greengrocers chuck out, as long as it´s clean and not going manky, and not spinach, as that can cause problems due to higher amount of iron in it. White cabbage is fine, Waterfowl feed is fine, and sweetcorn puts weight on them to keep them warm. A good mix of all of this is ideal. Also, I used to live in the South of England, and I had rabbits there, I found that most of the time I was able to go off and find dandelions and grass in the hedgerows, etc... Geese love dandelions.

Back
Top Bottom