Winter Foods

Franki

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2012
It is below freezing with 12+inches of snow accumulation on the ground here in Ohio for days now. I have been keeping Jordan, Reebok and Oliver in their house connected to the back of the garage.
They do generally go out to the pond - take a swim and hunker down in the snow. When I go to the door and call them they come right in.
I have been fixing them a salad at night of lettuce, shredded carrots and apples along with all other foods.
It's usually 2 large carrots. They gobble it down - the bowl is clean in the morning.

Does anyone know it there would be any problem with the carrot part?

Thanks,
Franki

Sorry you have so much snow. My husband this past year went and bought Canadian grass seed and put it on the yard. It works great the grass stays green year round and grow pretty much everywhere you put it.
Just a thought for you for next year. Our geese dig through the snow and get their green grass.

I also along with their feed buy from Walmart back in the bird seed a mixture called Deck, porch and patio nuts. It has peanuts, sunflower seeds and pasticios all shelled. I mix some of that in with their feed on super cold nights to help heat them up. They LOVE the nuts and seeds......

Back
Top Bottom