Winter Hands Helper

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by N F C, Feb 10, 2015.

1. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    This winter has been tough on my hands and 3 weeks in Colorado's dry climate certainly didn't do them any good. I'm talking about cracked and bleeding fingers here, painful stuff! I found something that's really helped and wanted to share in case someone has a need for some extra relief, O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream:

[​IMG]

This is a thick, white cream that you only need to use a little bit of and it works right down into the skin (it's not oily or greasy). I got mine at a grocery store pharmacy but have seen it for sale at the hardware store and other places. The cost was around $6 and it's been worth every cent.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Thanks for the tip; and it's good to have you back online. :eek:)

1 person likes this.
  3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I agree, thanks for the tip. My daughter found saw a jar of it at the store recently, and said that it would be good for her dad, as he is a mechanic. Got to give it a try! [​IMG]

4. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Thanks...going to try and find some today. My hands are extremely dry.

5. MarcoPollo

MarcoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2012
    Hot Coffee, MS
    I use this stuff and it has helped. I've even put an extra thick layer of it on my hands and wore gloves overnight. I especially like it cause there are no perfumes added to it.

6. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That it has no fragrance to it is one of the best parts about it. I can't stand the overly "smelly" stuff in anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by