Winter is Officially Over!

sulicat?

are u pesach cleaning?? here we got half way through and along came an eastern wind (from egypt, along with the locusts, so it must be a plot) with all the pollen, yellow and brown, and sand... so have to start all over again; all the windows, screens, everywhere has pollen and sand on it... do americans go as crazy as we do here?

people are going nuts, buying all new everything... aprt from the dogs getting new name tags, and sofa cover, and curtains (remakng the sofa with actually a table cloth that i will use to cover cushions), we are lacking funds.. and now the car just went back in to garage for a new engine something or other...renewed the garden a bit with basic plants (even though i cant root my own, i dont always have patience)... taking sunday off to cook, and monday i am working the heavy hotel shift, and will get home just in time to set table and heat food...
we are minus the kids this year, so its just us and the dogs.

the dog food is already kosher for pesach and the dogs hate it... the chickens are just coing to get what allt he chickens get which is also most likely already kosher for pesach , it has a white powdery feel to it.

Despite the fact that we live in what is usually referred to as the "Deep South", winter is by no means over for us. I wish it was, ohhhh, how I wish it was!

I think the groundhog got it WRONG this year. We've had snippets of nice weather here and there (this past weekend was glorious) but it got down below freezing last night (solid ice on my windshield this morning) AND they are actually forecasting snow flurries for the weekend - in Alabama - in late March! Ugh. I'm sure it's my imagination but this seems to have been the longest winter I've ever lived through and I've lived through 47 of them so far.
old.gif

Your tortoise Zoop is awesome BTW.

Despite the fact that we live in what is usually referred to as the "Deep South", winter is by no means over for us. I wish it was, ohhhh, how I wish it was!

I think the groundhog got it WRONG this year. We've had snippets of nice weather here and there (this past weekend was glorious) but it got down below freezing last night (solid ice on my windshield this morning) AND they are actually forecasting snow flurries for the weekend - in Alabama - in late March! Ugh. I'm sure it's my imagination but this seems to have been the longest winter I've ever lived through and I've lived through 47 of them so far.
old.gif

Your tortoise Zoop is awesome BTW.
We have had snow here in mid April, and not just in the mountians above us but here in the city! It is too get cool again here too. I much prefer a long spring, than when we start with 100+ degrees beginning in April through October!

ok People, I'm sorry..
I have no sypmathy for you.. jk ;)
We just got 20 cm, hang on, I'll go convert that.. so that's 7.8 inches.. geez it doesn't sound like that much when you put it like that... That's snow I'm talking bout...

It was -16 Celuis this morning... going to convert that.. brb ahh that's 3.2 F.... 3.2, wow, that doesn't sound bad either.. Maybe the rest of the world is onto something ;)

all jokes aside, very Beautiful Turtle, We will do spring cleaning here too.. Whenever it gets here!
It has been a long winter hasn't it!
Today is our first day of spring here, I think Mother nature, is cruel

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom