winter time heating

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DaKid, Oct 28, 2008.

1. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Ok with the cold weather apond us once again I figure it was time to hook up my pellet stove and a pallet of pellets that a co-workers sold to me this past spring for $500 bucks .

I just had to buy the stove pipe -elbow -clean out T- and outside vent, and chip out a 3" hole in the basement throug the 10" concrete wall ,
    well all is good- finish it up yesterday and repaint the stove and new pipe with high heat flat black paint, LOOKS GOOD TOO.

I fired it up today to see if all was working , well sure did my basement heat up to 95*F and that was on med. and the blower was set on med. too .
    Now I just have to go get a few floor vents and cut and install them to the up stair floors, my basement is semi-finish and the stairway is 4 ft. wide and there no door so I thought the heat would just raise up that way , it did a little but not enough so I place a fan to help push the heat up and to help cool me off too see the basement is my manly man room , my Computer, my TV's and Playstation, my drum set and guitars
    but I really going to have to add the floor vents too it's way to HOT I'm in my summer shorts and no shirt .......Ok that to much infor. LOL [​IMG].

We heat with oil and also burn wood in the fireplace when we are home and I was thinking with the pellet stove going too Hopefully heating the house this winter with a Combination of all 3 or what ever is the cheapest should work keping the home warmer and help with the high prices of heatting fuel whatever is the cheapest at the time that what I 'll be using .

2. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

i wondr if they make littel pellet stoves for coops?

3. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    pellet stove come in all shapes and size's (BTU that is) the one I have is an older style and is suppose to heat a home of 2,200 sq. Ft or larger
    20,000 BTU on lowest setting
    55,000 BTU on highest setting

my home is 1800 sq.ft -2 floors but I thinking when we purchase it this was the home sq. ft and not the basement and under garage included

we won't be running the pellet stove or fire place when we are not home , GGG my wife don't even like leaving the oil furnace on , she lower it down to 60*F before she leave for work and turn it back on to 70/72*F when we come home .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by