Winter turkey poults needed

Lmorales

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2018
My kids want to raise turkeys to show in 4H in the spring at the fair but we are having the worst time finding turkey poults. Any help appreciated

R2elk

Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
My kids want to raise turkeys to show in 4H in the spring at the fair but we are having the worst time finding turkey poults. Any help appreciated
Advertise locally. Check with your local feed store if you have one. They will know who has turkeys and may put you in touch with them.

Place a wanted ad on your local craigslist in the Farm and Garden section.

iwltfum

Songster
Sep 10, 2018
Maine

Good luck! My best advice is to look far and wide. I wanted some in late august one year and found a single hatchery that offered them at all that late in the season and they were a small amish hatchery that operated by mail/telephone only. Maybe find someone with a tom and laying hen that can incubate eggs for you or sell you hatching eggs to incubate yourself.

R2elk

Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
If you want broad breasted turkeys and are willing to buy the minimum (20 poults), Valley of the Moon Turkeys sells pretty much year round. They also sell their poults sexed.

Top Bottom