Winterizing a goose coop

SniperGoose

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 15, 2018
Central PA
I have 2 Toulouse geese, and this year will be their second winter. The first year, we did what we normally do with the chicken coop and just put tarps up around their coop and put lots of straw in there for them. That all seemed fine but then the geese started making little 'goosie windows',as I like to call them, in the tarps lol. So then of course there would be cold drafts blowing in there and I'd have to keep replacing tarps, or patching them. On top of that, I don't want them ingesting any part of the tarps! I love these geese to death, but sometimes they're a real pain in my butt! :rolleyes:

So are there any alternative things my geese will not be tearing apart that I could use to cover their coop for the winter? Thanks!

I have 2 Toulouse geese, and this year will be their second winter. The first year, we did what we normally do with the chicken coop and just put tarps up around their coop and put lots of straw in there for them. That all seemed fine but then the geese started making little 'goosie windows',as I like to call them, in the tarps lol. So then of course there would be cold drafts blowing in there and I'd have to keep replacing tarps, or patching them. On top of that, I don't want them ingesting any part of the tarps! I love these geese to death, but sometimes they're a real pain in my butt! :rolleyes:

So are there any alternative things my geese will not be tearing apart that I could use to cover their coop for the winter? Thanks!
'goosie windows'

Back
Top Bottom