Winterizing win

Driley62

Songster
Jun 8, 2021
Chazy, NY
So, since I've been out of work for my surgery. I've had a ton of time to think on how I wanted to tarp the original 10x10 I constructed for winter. Last year I used left over vapor barrier with fender washers and exterior screws. But I disliked out it came out and the plastic ripped because of the quick tack up job I did before snow fell(unexpected snow early in year). So this year, I still had vapor barrier on the roll(still have a ton and it's 20x100) along with left over rough cut from my new coop build. Had to rip a few boards to stretch out the material I had(from 1x4 ripped to 1x2) laid out the plastic, measured and cut then rolled the plastic on the ends a few times then screwed it down with 1 inch wood screws and 1 inch fender washers( that way at end of winter I can roll it up like a sleeping bag and store it) but on the run the 1x2 boards are screwed on with 2.5 inch wood screws. I think it came out good. On the 3 sides worth tarping I got both access doors done as well. Took me a couple days and an extra trip to the store for more washers and wood screws but other than that I had all on hand. Below is a picture of the tarp job incomplete but it wraps around all 3 sides.

Attachments

• 20210929_144625.jpg
    20210929_144625.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210929_144607.jpg
    20210929_144607.jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 12
Nice!! You are ahead of the game. I keep thinking, I have another couple days...but we all know how that goes
Thanks! Since I'm out of work I'm trying to do things before it turns and I have the chance to do it right. The weather is changing slowly up here but with the way the weather is I wouldn't be surprised to see snow here in the beginning of November. When I go back to work I won't have so much time to do these tasks let alone the temperature.

Back
Top Bottom