wire roll away nest boxes?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by watchdogps, Oct 1, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Does anyone have these and do you have pics of them? I was offered some at a nice price, but not sure I know exactly how they work, and hubby wants to see what I am talking about.
    Thanks!

2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG]
    most have tray in frount to colect eggs

3. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    No, this isnt quite it. They are one row, and all wire. I saw them, but didnt get a good look, as it was getting dark and we were hurrying to get fencing loaded onto my roofrack...

4. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    those arent wire nest boxes those are the whire cage egg farms use for there egg bird there bird live in the cage and eggs roll to the frount

5. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:Yes! He got them from an egg farm! He said if I leave the door open, the hens can get in and out and they would basically be next boxes. Is that true? Would they work for that?

6. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Yes! He got them from an egg farm! He said if I leave the door open, the hens can get in and out and they would basically be next boxes. Is that true? Would they work for that?

if u going to use then like that u have fill them with straw so hen dosent brake the egg on way out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by