wiring an antenna auto door

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by willbowunt4food, Dec 16, 2012.

1. willbowunt4food

willbowunt4food New Egg

Dec 14, 2012

I need some help with wiring my power antenna to work as an actuator and open and close the coop door...I have the door made with a sliding board that raises and lowers withn the antenna...the weight is not the issue...slides real easy...where I am having an issue is when I attached the second power supply...with a single adapter it runs like a charm both up and down...the adapter has a polarity button so with that unit plugged in it runs perfect both ways...this is all in bench test form right now ...using aligator clips I attach a second adapter with the polarity reversed...the idea is that in the morning the digital timer goes of at 6;00 the antenna retracts pulling the door up like a guillotinne...than at 6;01 the timer goes off and the door remains open all day...a second timer goes off at 9;00pm and the antenna extends allowing the wooden door to slide down a track and cover the exit hole for the night....when I attach the second adapter the power level drops dramaticly...it doesnt seem to matter that the "not in use" adapter is not even plugged in...there are only 2 wires coming from the antenna and there are only 2 wires from the adapters...so why would adding the second one cause the huge power drain....I just joined here so lets see how good you all are

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by