wiring digital thermostat? - homemade incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Debs55, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Debs55

Debs55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all. I purchased this thermostat to use in my homemade incubator

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KVCPH2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My boyfriend and I tried to wire it up tonight and can not get it to work. We tried pretty much every diagram we could find and some variations off of those too. This is what happened either 1) light and thermostat would come on, thermostat would "click" at set degree, but light would stay on or 2) thermostat would come on, but light wouldn't, the heat indicator light would be on the thermostat though and indicated there was power running to the light. Either we are just missing something simple, or there thermostat we received is defective.

Can someone give us step by step idiot proof instructions to this? Pictures and drawings would be helpful. If we can't get it to work after getting help we are sending it back and getting a new one.

Thanks!

2. Aphrael

Aphrael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    I have the STC 1000 for my homemade incubator, and I absolutely LOVE it. I have wired it up twice (once on my first cooler bator and again for my huge cabinet bator). The directions I followed both times are here https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/build-your-own-incubator-with-the-stc-1000 I read through them several times and then just followed them exactly and it worked the first time on both occasions. That is the best directions for wiring it that I have found. If you hook it up like that shows and it still doesn't work then you've definitely got a defective unit. Good luck!

3. Debs55

Debs55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks! We ended up sending it back after we still couldn't get it to work. New one should be here tuesday :)

4. Aphrael

Aphrael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    Hopefully this one works correctly. I couldn't be happier with mine. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by