Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

babylady4

Mother Goose
12 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Central WI
Still staying in the state...... as much as I would like to get further South, it just is not in the cards right now.

Moving back up the Stevens Point area to help the in-laws manage their property. As much as I like living here, we can’t ignore the crazy real estate market and not take advantage of it....... 😊

bigzio

Free Ranging
14 Years
Jan 20, 2007
Wisconsin
Good to hear the hunt was a success for your family bl4. Ours was decent too with 5 deer (3 bucks) for 4 hunters...plenty of meat with the 3 bucks for 3 hunters during archery season also. Love my venison, so all is good.
Still need to butcher my 8 cockerels.... dang, I hate that chore.
Wood heat sure feels good with these single to teens temps.

Stay Safe.... bigz

Debbie292d

Chirping
Jul 22, 2021
Wisconsin
Hiya.

Anyone want a young black with a little gold trim Silkie rooster? We're over by Marion/Pella direction in Shawano County. Free.

Reason? I hatched 6 eggs, 4 were roosters. I gave 3 away already but we were rooster-heavy to start with. Now we're 9 chickens, 5 roosters and two won't stop fighting. Had blood all over the coop wall today so one HAS to go. I let them out today as hubby plows them paths for on above freezing days they come out and I saw which two did that as they started fighting where I could see them. I could not see who was bleeding so until tonight when they go back in the coop I'll find out. Pretty sure that black one isn't the one as he's the winner it seems.

babylady4

Mother Goose
12 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Central WI
I hope everyone survived the storms ok. We have a few branches down and that is about it. We were buffered from the worst of the wind by a hill.

wyoDreamer

Free Ranging
11 Years
Nov 10, 2010
NE Wisconsin
I was worried there a couple of times last night. Once it sounded like the roof was being lifted on the house - eek. But everything looked good this morning to my quick glance around.

Guinea Hen was upset he was locked in the coop, and very happy when I fed him and let him out this morning.

My "Harbor Freight" greenhouse sustained no visible damage - when looked at from the driveway on my way to work, lol. I was worried about finding panels spread across the garden area. I will have to walk down to it tomorrow and check it out closer. The door opened about 8 inches, but does not look loose.

Had to stop and move some limbs out of the town road this morning to get to work. The alternate route had a tree across the road, so I figured picking up a couple of limbs was the easier way to go.

TOR

Songster
Dec 29, 2020
Wisconsin
I live in a 3 sided valley with hills around me. Not to much damage. Still some very strong gust. Power out for 18 hours, came back on this afternoon. Still alot of people without power.
A person I know down by lake Onalaska on the Prairie has a electric pole behind house with transformer on it. Wind snapped it in half. Half the pole and transformer on it in their backyard.
Wild weather this last week

Do not hunt as much anymore, did go out this year and got buck. 2 tines broke off, bout a 19 inch spread, measured hastily. I like to see the buck it was fighting. It was a 7 point so would of been 9 or 10 i guess.
Hope all is well with everyone.

bigzio

Free Ranging
14 Years
Jan 20, 2007
Wisconsin
Merry Christmas to all the Cheeseheads. Hope you all have a great and safe one.
Welcome to the cheeseheads Debbie. You are a stone throw away from me. I have 6 extra roo's here now that need to go to freezer camp. My worst liked chore for sure.

GO PACK!

Stay Safe.... bigz

wyoDreamer

Free Ranging
11 Years
Nov 10, 2010
NE Wisconsin
I spoke to soon, it turns out that the little greenhouse had one panel that came loose. DH says that he didn't get the screw into the panel enough, he just nicked the edge of the panel when he put the extra screws in. He has it fixed up now.

babylady4

Mother Goose
12 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Central WI
Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

We are packing packing packing packing…….. trying to arrange moving tractors, log splitters, etc. and moving vans…….. strange to think we will be leaving here within the next two weeks…….

I hope everyone is well, and this cold ends soon…… 😊

Top Bottom